Log in to  your Cookthink account !

Give us the email address you used to sign up with to Cookthink!


what you need to know

Can I eat rhubarb leaves?

Can I eat rhubarb leaves?

In a word, no.

Rhubarb leaves contain high amounts of oxalic acid, which is poisonous in large doses. Although you'd have to eat a lot of rhubarb leaves to do yourself in, even lesser quantities can be toxic, inducing such unpleasant effects as respiratory failure or coma.

If you're a fan of rhubarb, lop off the leaves and stick to the stalks.

Reference: What is rhubarb? (Cookthink)
Recipe: Rhubarb Syllabub (Cook & Eat)
Recipe: Raspberry And Rhubarb Tart (Coconut & Lime)

print email
0comments view all add comment
AddThis Social Bookmark Button