Sauteed Broccoli Raab With Potatoes And Blue Cheese
This dish is delicious on its own or alongside roasted or grilled meats. Potatoes and blue cheese act like a condiment for the broccoli raab, balancing its bitterness. Substitute mozzarella or ricotta cheese if you like.
2 bunches broccoli raab (about 2 pounds), coarsely chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
1 clove garlic, minced
1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
1/4 cup blue cheese
prep: 10 minutes
total: 30 minutes
large sauté pan
2. Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot and shimmering, add the potatoes. Season them with a light sprinkling of salt and pepper (keeping in mind that the chicken broth and blue cheese are salty).
3. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes begin to brown, 2-4 minutes. Stir in the rosemary and garlic and cook 1 minute.
4. Pour in the chicken broth and scrape the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon.
5. Add the broccoli raab in handfuls. Each handful will quickly wilt to make more room in the pan. Cook, stirring often, until the broccoli raab is bright green and the potatoes are tender, 6-8 more minutes.
6. Take the pan off the heat and crumble blue cheese over everything to taste.