Ravioli With Sweet Potatoes, Mascarpone And Parsley
In this dish, red pepper-flecked mascarpone cheese melts into tender sweet potatoes to form a sauce that clings to the ravioli. Try this with spinach, ham or goat cheese ravioli.
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 sweet potato, peeled and cubed
1/2 pound ravioli
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon mascarpone
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
prep: 10 minutes
total: 35 minutes
large sauté pan
1. Fill a large pot with water and bring it to a boil with 2 teaspoons of salt.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. When it's hot and shimmering, add the sweet potatoes. Season them lightly with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until they turn slightly tender, 8-10 minutes.
3. When the water boils, add the pasta and stir. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the ravioli float, and are hot and cooked all the way through. With a slotted spoon, take the ravioli out of the pot and set them aside in a bowl.
4. Ladle 1/2 cup of the pasta water into the pan with the sweet potatoes. Simmer, adding a little more pasta water as needed, until the sweet potatoes are tender, 3-5 more minutes.
5. Add the ravioli to the sweet potatoes. Gently stir in the red pepper flakes and mascarpone. Stir in the parsley and serve.